Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Cornerstone America in San Francisco, California - I was within an Hour of getting scammed!!!

I was within an Hour of getting scammed, what a waist of my freaking time. I received an E-mail at 9:45 at night, it looked like this…Stacey Phillips I have reviewed your resume and feel you have some of the experience or qualities we are looking for. I would like to offer you an opportunity to interview on Tuesday June 17th at 1:00 PM, in our Regional Sales Office located in San Jose. Please email Sarah at cornerstoneca@yahoo.com, to confirm an interview. We currently have two new openings for Sales representatives. Due to scheduling challenges, interviews will be on a first come first serve basis. I look forward to speaking with you. Sarah Taylor, Scheduling CoordinatorDeborah Oconnell& Associates22 Great Oaks Blvd. Suite #260San Jose, CA 95119(650)641-7139(800) 301-7252 FOR THOSE SELECTED WE OFFER:*Immediate Weekly Income Potential*Six Figure Income*Bonus Programs and Trips*Company Sponsored Stock Ownership Program*World Class, Ongoing Training and Sales Support*Personal Sales and Leadership Development*Advancement Opportunities (Management)*Prestigious Products and Services*Call on prospects who have requested to see you*Flexible Work Schedule*Access to Marketing Materials, Technology and Sales Resources*Fun and Competitive Work Environment*Unmatched Personal Satisfaction That Comes With Helping Others*Strong Leadership and Mentoring for your Personal Success Reply Forward I signed up for an Interview time... Thanks to all I have read about these fakes, I WILL NOT GO IN!!!! I guess their business is in identity theft not insuring families. I’m so tiered of searching for a job, I feel like I have tried everything to work here in San Jose! This was a waist of my time. If you want a real job don’t sign with this company, just read for yourself…

What a bunch of sheeple! I checked this one out personally, went to the interviews, looked at the materials, looked at reviews, read all the reports...and they are legit!

If you're not intelligent enough to check and verify for yourselves, you'll lose every time. There are always those who will whine and complain, mainly from ignorance or laziness. Don't believe everything you read on these reviews...check them out for yourselves.

Have I signed on with them yet? No... I haven't decided if it's the right direction for me right now. But at least I've done my homework.

HAD an interview with these people out here in vegas looked them up and found these comments. Its tru you never relly can trust insurance companys now a days.

I also got this email, thanks for the heads up and I'll pass on this interview as well.

i got the same email and have interview set up - googled and found all the comments - going to pass now! thanks for the heads up!

I got the same email for an interview. Thanks for your comments.

I'm also skipping my interview for sales representative, it is not my field.

I'm glad I won't waste my time. I'm tired of the B.S.

Just received an email from Gary Roberts regarding my resume and setting up an interview. I've never heard of Cornerstone before so I googled it and sure enough, this is the first site that came up.

I'm so grateful for people taking the time to put in their two cents to save others from the hassle. Thanks!

This company is also part of UGA, which sponsors a very mediocre health plan. The people who sell for it are so desperate, they wind up putting "bandit" signs on telephone poles advertising "affordable health care." After working for them for a few months and running around the county, I realized this was going nowhere, and I quit.

they wanted me to pay back my advance commissions. I refused.

They screw their agents around, and their claims department is no darn good either. STAY AWAY from anything to do with "Cornerstone" or UGA,

I have an appointment tomorrow and after reading all of the comments I am going to skip it, Thanks!!

#19792

Apparently they send this email to everyone because the job is for a sales representative position and that is not even my field. Thanks for your posting. I really appreciate it.

#19639

I got that exact email as well. I was doing some research about this company and I found these comments.

Thank goodness I didn't drive up from LA to meet these people. Thank you!!!

I'm glad i saw this email! Boy I would've been pissed if I drove all the way out to San Jose for B.S....not going anymore

Yes, this sounds like a horrible job with a horrible company. Thanks18404

Such a shady deal it could cool the heels of guy with the horns...stay away! With an insurance background going in, I still made the mistake of not checking out this company - glad you did!

I got the same email. Did a net search and found your remarks.

Thanks ! I'm staying away too!.

View more comments (13)

Cornerstone America Opportunity

I have been with cornerstone for 1 week. Based what people have said, there are bad weeks and good weeks. There are a couple people here that make over a thousand every week. My sales manager makes over a hundred thousand every year. I have been here one week and made one sale. Since it was a $9700 deal I will make $1200 off of this one deal. The only part that is tough is to set appointments on the phone, but now they are giving us advertising tools and setting the appointments for us. I have tons of free time that I'm not used to and I like it a lot! About the email that everyone gets from Cornerstone...I have received e mails just like it from all-state insurance, state farm, and several other companies. Its what companies do to get more employees. If you get this e mail that means they would like for you to try it. Some people don't like it, but this is a good job for me and I like it. if anyone hears about law suites against cornerstone, don't let that change your mind about them. Anthem has a billion dollar law suite going right now and everyone sees them as reputable. If you need a good high paying job that pays you what youre worth, then try it.

:roll Oh please! What a liar!

Cornerstone America - Same thing in Chicago

I got the same letter last week about the same job in Chicago. I have an interview set for Tues a.m. Has anyone gone on their interviews? What happened? Is this a legitimate job? I can not find out a lot about this company I am not going to quit my job for this but I may go to see if it on the level. If anyone has had any experience with this please post here. I would appreciate a respons and am trying to use my my one hundred words. Many thanks and best of luck to all. KAnn

DO NOT!!! DO NOT!!!

I REPEAT DO NOT INTERVIEW WITH THIS COMPANY. It is a complete scam. I'm so *** mad at myself for actually sitting through this disaster. I had to sit in an office for three hours; listening to this guy lecture on & on.

Until finally he mentioned that you don't get paid for training, and that you have to shell out almost $700 to get your health insurance license. To make it worse; they wanted over $200 dollars right off the bat. I could not believe it. I can't believe people actually go through with this ***!!!!

DON'T GO!!! TRUST ME!!!

I have been with Cornerstone for a year now and it has been the best year I could have ever asked for. They are very real.

I will admit, it is not a job for everyone. You have to be willing to be a salesperson. You have to have a desire to succeed. You determine your success with this company.

BUT the SKY IS THE LIMIT.

I was very determined and I have made more in my 1st year than I could have made ANYWHERE. Even with a masters I could have not made more than I have so far this year.

and it sounds all fake - !

Man i got more than an email these people (Out of the Encino office) actually called me after my resume posting on Monster and i was told the SAME thing as these emails. Im almost curious to even go to this interview and give an interview of my own

I also was contacted by like email from Cornerstone in San Jose ca after posting my resume on yahoo.Do not know if I will attend interview session.

I was also contacted by Corner Stone America and I was wondering if anyone went to the interview how did that go and what did you think. Am I wasting my time, because I would rather be looking at a worthwhile job then this.

Greetings all. I am an active agent with Cornerstone and have been since 2003.

The company is not a scam, exactly the opposite. It has been the most rewarding career path.

The 1099 this year was well over six figures. Come in for the interview and you will see for yourself.

View more comments (6)
Review
#119004 Review #119004 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Cornerstone America in Dawsonville, Georgia - Sent an email titled Letter and saying they have a sells position open stating the following:

This is what I recieved from Cornerstone America see following: I have reviewed your online resume and am impressed with your experience. I have a sales position available on my team that may work for you. Annual first year income of this position is $75,000 - $150,000. Cornerstone America is a national marketing firm with offices all over the country. We market a complete benefits portfolio with over 70 different products and services geared to help our target market of independent contractors, individuals and families. We are currently conducting interviews in our Chattanooga office, and I would like to meet with you to learn more about your experience and answer any questions you may have about the position. I have limited interview times available. However, I would like to see you as soon as possible, as we are looking to make immediate decisions. I currently have openings on Tuesday, April 29 at 4:30 pm or Wednesday, April 30 at 10:30am. Please email me at robertsdivision_ctg@comcast.net to confirm which time will work best for you. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Regards, Gary Roberts Division Sales Leader Cornerstone America

I just go the same email for the Denver CO area, and im glad that i did some research about this company, I called before I knew what CMS was and the lady who answered the phone told me the job is 100% comission based.

its amazing that i just received an indentical spam email, although my resume is just not about sales...

its amazing how i just received an identical spam email, although my resume is just not about sales..

View more comments (3)

CORNERSTONE AMERICA......SCAM

I am so glad i did my homework, i would have wasted 2 hrs in the car for this interview! thanks google. i got an email after posting my resume online from Cornerstone America, i called to ask questions about the job and Tom Haberkorn gave me the "line" he is heading into a meeting which put up a red flag right there he would not even tell me about it just come in for an interview! From just searching google for 2 minutes gave me all the information i needed. My husband and i are bothe looking for jobs and this is just wasting my time.

Cornerstone America in Johnson City, Tennessee - Not a true opportunity

I recieved the email after posting my resume on monster. I googled the company, as did many others to find that the company has poor programs to offer clients and has been pulling this scam in nearby cities. It is hard enough to find a job as an experienced business person and this false and misleading opportunity is frustrating. There should be away to have the web sites like monster, career etc to monitor these preditors. That is exactly what this company is, a preditor. I am glad individuals are passing on the scam and helping me as well as others that could be pulled in.

Cornerstone is far from a preditor or a ***. They give you an opportunity and you either take it or leave it.

If you take it, then it is up to you on if you succeed or not. Sure they are going to try and get people to work for them, they want agents to sell their product. So does any other company out there. They are very real and you can make six figures.

I have made more in my first year with them than I could have anywhere! It has been a wonderful and amazing experience.

Cornerstone America in Atlanta, Georgia - Scam email I ignored

They sent me a form letter in email, from Cornerstone Marketing, for an interview, but I never heard of them before or sent them anything, or would.... I figured it was a scam, and two minutes on google and sure enough. Just ignore it. I don't really have more to say for the 100 word minimum, so have a very very very very wonderful day and don't let yourself be taken in by scam artists, or companies that amount to as much. There. Is that 100 words?

Thanks for the warning. I keep getting the e-mail to come in for an interview, kinda figured it was a scam.

Gary Roberts sent me a form letter for an interview. I am not a sales person!

What the the flippity! Plus, in this economy of almost $4.00/gal-I surely am not biting at this one.

View more comments (1)

Cornerstone America in Los Angeles, California - Cornerstone almost got me

I was headed to and interview with Cornerstone America this morning. So I got up early to review the company online. I have been in sales for 20 years and I question everything. What I have read in the negative comments has mirrored the same email response I received for and interview. I'm glad I checked this site out first before wasting my time of and hour drive each way and the $4.00 a gallon gas I would have wasted. And it appears that their policies dont cover much in the way of health care. (Surgical Policy). How can you get to the surgeon if you dont have a primary doctor to refer you. HMMM.
#19940

Glad you didn't go to the interview. Every company has a rating with AM best and Forbes, this is their financial strength, not a rating on the product the agent sells??

Healthmarkets pays the agent based on production and the amount of business they write in a time frame. Meaning if you fail to turn in business after a period of 8 weeks, your commission level is cut. If you turn in alot of business, your commission level is bumped up. That's right they reward those that are hard sellers and love to sell a *** policy!!

It is NOT MAJOR MEDICAL!! Read the plan. I am sure you can find it online some where.

Sign up the big carriers, that you have know! They will treat you fairly and pay you commissions no matter how much or how little you sell.

Obviously you didn't do to much homework. #1 Policies are controlled and regulated by the state so the plans we over change from state to state.

#2 You said, "How can you get to the surgeon if you dont have a primary doctor to refer you" I don't know....I guess that is a question you should ask yourself??? That makes no sense what so ever. If you don't have a primary care physician then go get one and they can refer you to someone! Some of our plans state that you don't have to have a referral to see a specialist.

That's a good thing. Some people want to go straight to a specialist and don't want to have to mess with going to their PCP first.

Nothing wrong with this company. Do some real homework with AM Best and Forbes....you will see the great standings of this company.

View more comments (1)
Review

Cornerstone America in Livingston, New Jersey - Interview email rec'd (Knoxville, TN) - What's up???

I have seen several reviews on this site about Cornerstone America in various areas throughout the country. The emails people have posted have been identical, and I received on this morning at 1:51 am. To me, the receipt time is a red flag. (I mean, who is reviewing online resumes in the middle of the night, and if they really are having to work in the middle of the night, I don't want to work there.) There is obviously something "fishy" here but what? What is their goal? Is it a pyramid scheme? How do we know? Has anyone out there actually gone to one of these interviews? I almost want to go, just to see what they're up to, but then again, I'm very seriously looking for a new career path and don't want to waste precious time. I'd love to hear if anyone has actually gone in to meet w/ Mr. Roberts (Knoxville, TN) to see what occurred. Thanks all...and good luck in each of your job searches!

I received the very same email, it stated how my qualifications were what they were looking for !?!?!?!? My qualifications state nothing to do with this line of work, is this or is this not a scam?

Do you have to pay to actually work?? I am looking for work to make an income not to pay to have an income.

Another thing, they pay you upfront for a policy that might not be issued and reward you for turning in so much business. Which you will probably have to pay the company back if you leave.

The company forces you to sell to anyone just to make a buck. I made good money when I worked for them. However, after I stopped "drinking the coolaid" did I realize what a terrible person I have become. Selling to anyone, just to get paid.

DON'T do this!!

Contract with real health companies. Will be back later with other comments.

I was a Cornerstone America agent for awhile. Their sister company is UGA.

Both with the same scam. You can make money if you truly feel the health insurance is the best for the client.

Unfortunately, the so called "insurance" sucks! If you want to sell insurance, sell the real stuff and feel better about yourself.

Why shouldn't we be upset?

My resume clearly says that I am an Interaction Designer, not a salesman and in no way would I ever entertain a sales position. Plus I received two duplicate emails in under 24 hours.

I (and just about everyone else) use job site to receive legitimate job opportunities that are targeted to my skills and interests not to be targeted by random pyramid scheme spammers.

You scammers posting in support are pretty dang transparent. There is more than enough evidence on the web that clearly shows your "business" isn't on the up and up. What reputable company asks the interviewer to pay them in order to work? None.

You can keep your Amway (2.0) lies about how much money you are making. We've heard it all before.

I went to the interview and was hired. There were 5 of us that interviewed and only 2 were hired.

I made 1200 my first week. I have been there for 3 weeks now and have not brought home under 1000.00

I got one as well. Same guy.

I interviewed 2 years ago for an insurance company to recruit for them. They wanted me to use every available source to round up people to sell insurance for them.

I was to corral them into a group meeting with the "Sales Mgr" then narrow down interested prospects after mtg. Must be same idea.

Greetings all. I am an active agent with Cornerstone and have been since 2003.

The 1099 this year was well over six figures. For the skeptics out there, come in and meet with Gary before passing judgement.

Greeting all. I am a licensed agent with Cornerstone America and have been since 2003.

This company is not a scam, it has been the most rewarding career choice I have ever made.

For the record out 1099 was well over 6 figures as a single senior agent. To the skeptics out there come in and meet with Gary and see what our company is all about.

I went to the interview on the 15th with Gary Roberts. It's not a scam.

I am in the middle of my pre-licensing classes and I will soon be starting work. You don't have to apply for the job. That's why you post your resume isn't it.. For people to read?

Sending an email was part of the recruiting process.

How else would people like us know about them??

You really shouldn't judge blindly. Try going to an interview before acting like a jack ***.

I got one and I live in Columbia, TN but my interview was for Brentwood but I have no intentions of going. What is up with this company?

Is this some sort of scam? Do they even know that hundreds of people are getting these interveiw invites?

I am not even in sales and I got one... LOL!

Got one this morning in Chattanooga. From the same Mr. Roberts.

Today I got the exact same e-mail in Nashville, TN. What is the deal? I never applied for this job.

View more comments (11)

Cornerstone America- In Knoxville TN

I recieved this email on 4-9-08 after uploading a new resume on Hotjobs. Looks like the same thing. What are they trying to pull? I have reviewed your online resume and am impressed with your experience. I have a sales position available on my team that may work for you. Annual first year income of this position is $75,000 - $150,000. Cornerstone America is a national marketing firm with offices all over the country. We market a complete benefits portfolio with over 70 different products and services geared to help our target market of independent contractors, individuals and families. We are currently conducting interviews in our Nashville, Chattanooga and Knoxville offices, and I would like to meet with you to learn more about your experience and answer any questions you may have about the position. I have limited interview times available. However, I would like to see you as soon as possible, as we are looking to make immediate decisions. Please Click Here To Apply online or e-mail my office assistant, Nicole, at RobertsDivision@comcast.net at your earliest convenience to schedule an interview. Regards, Gary Roberts Division Sales Leader Cornerstone America

wow, i just got the exact same email. if this many people are pissed off then a scam is coming my way. NO THANKS cornerston..................i mean SCAM AMERICA!!!!!!!

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I began working with Cornerstone Ameirca two months ago and today went out and made about $1,700.

You guys are just upset because you weren't good enough to take advantage of this opportunity. I feel sorry for you.

Got it on 4-24-08, after posting my resume on monster.com. I am also seriously job searching and any scams like this one disgust me.

How can some people take advantage of others?

I got only scam emails like this one since I posted my resume. Are there any serious employers out there or only jerks??

I posted a resume on CareerBuilder.com and received the exact same email at 9:30 last night. That was a red flag for me also.

Googled "cornerstone america" and didn't find a whole lot of anything positive about them.

But I did find this site! Ain't wastin' my time either.

I received this EXACT email at 1:51am today (4/11/08). I think the receipt time is a big, red flag, but I don't understand what the purpose is for them.

Pyramid scheme, perhaps?

Who knows, but I am seriously job searching and can't waste time on nonsense. Any thoughts?

View more comments (4)