Pulaski, Virginia
1.4K views

I recieved this email on 4-9-08 after uploading a new resume on Hotjobs. Looks like the same thing. What are they trying to pull?

I have reviewed your online resume and am impressed with your experience. I have a sales position available on my team that may work for you. Annual first year income of this position is $75,000 - $150,000.

Cornerstone America is a national marketing firm with offices all over the country. We market a complete benefits portfolio with over 70 different products and services geared to help our target market of independent contractors, individuals and families.

We are currently conducting interviews in our Nashville, Chattanooga and Knoxville offices, and I would like to meet with you to learn more about your experience and answer any questions you may have about the position. I have limited interview times available. However, I would like to see you as soon as possible, as we are looking to make immediate decisions.

Please Click Here To Apply online or e-mail my office assistant, Nicole, at RobertsDivision@comcast.net at your earliest convenience to schedule an interview.

Regards,

Gary Roberts

Division Sales Leader

Cornerstone America

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 09, 2008.

Comments

wow, i just got the exact same email. if this many people are pissed off then a scam is coming my way. NO THANKS cornerston..................i mean SCAM AMERICA!!!!!!!

Preston, Washington, United States #11082

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I began working with Cornerstone Ameirca two months ago and today went out and made about $1,700.

You guys are just upset because you weren't good enough to take advantage of this opportunity. I feel sorry for you.

Gorman, Texas, United States #9563

Got it on 4-24-08, after posting my resume on monster.com. I am also seriously job searching and any scams like this one disgust me.

How can some people take advantage of others?

I got only scam emails like this one since I posted my resume. Are there any serious employers out there or only jerks??

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, United States #8462

I posted a resume on CareerBuilder.com and received the exact same email at 9:30 last night. That was a red flag for me also.

Googled "cornerstone america" and didn't find a whole lot of anything positive about them.

But I did find this site! Ain't wastin' my time either.

Mars, Pennsylvania, United States #8173

I received this EXACT email at 1:51am today (4/11/08). I think the receipt time is a big, red flag, but I don't understand what the purpose is for them.

Pyramid scheme, perhaps?

Who knows, but I am seriously job searching and can't waste time on nonsense. Any thoughts?